Frosthorn vs MawCrusha - who takes the brew?

Caffran101

Found my way back to my computer and can give you the numbers now, if you want. The Maw-krusha goes from about 11.5 wounds average damage output without BB to about 16 wounds with BB. The Frostlord goes from about 16.5 wounds without BB to about 25 wounds with BB.  So you can see that you get the most benefit if you give the brew to the Frostlord.

However, you could argue that the mawcrusha benefits by becoming more of a big threat with bb. The stone Lord is a threat regardless and having your opponent equally worried about both can be very useful. 

The fact that the mawcrusha can fly also means that it is possible to get him to targets that the stone cannot reach.

On the whole I would agree with the previous responses but it's not just all about damage. 

5 minutes ago, Payce said:

Though it could be argued that the whole discussion is moot anyway - you ideally want ToP on the Krusha to begin with.

So how about a discussion about the value difference between: Stonelord with BattleBrew vs MawKrusha with ToP?

The numbers certainly don't tell the whole story, and it's entirely true that the Maw-krusha prefers the ToP anyway. I don't think the Maw-krusha will get anywhere the Frostlord cannot - not with that pieplate of a base. With only one artifact available, I would probably put BB on the Frostlord and trust that the Stonehorn would draw fire away from the Maw-krusha, thereby reducing the need for ToP. 

28 minutes ago, Caffran101 said:

So based on these discussions it would be entirely fair to think that the Stonelord costs more points than the MawKrusha?

*looks at points costs*

What madness is this?!

It would be entirely fair to think that the Stonelord should cost more than the Krusha. It should. In GH2 we trust!

Ideally, once GHB2 lands, we're looking at something like 480 for the Frostlord (slight increase, he's already decently costed), and 440 for the Krusha (similar to the Vampire on Zombie Dragon). There are going to be large changes to artifacts and allegiances regardless (calling it: RIP BB) that will affect how we build, but I think a fair few monsters in the entire game needs points rebalancing. It makes no sense that the cabbage costs the same as the Forge World Magma Dragon, more than a Stormcast Drakesworn Templar, 15% more than a Frostlord, 25% more than a Durthu... the list goes on.

On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 4:25 PM, Payce said:

440 for the Krusha

This was my suggestion on my direct feedback to GW.

As for @Caffran101's original question, I think Battle Brew on the Stonehorn is the way to go here. As @Solaris said;

On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 2:10 PM, Solaris said:

I would probably put BB on the Frostlord and trust that the Stonehorn would draw fire away from the Maw-krusha, thereby reducing the need for ToP. 

After using the MawKrusha this weekend I found it to be rather unwhelming in combat (although after using a Brewed up StoneLord for a while everything is underwhelming in combat).

Considering the cost of the model, the size of the model (that tractor wheel base is enormous), and how awesome the model actually looks I was expecting better things.

I did almost get to do a double charge (5 mortal wounds to 3 prosecutors. Leaving the final one on a wound - which was also 2.7" away!).

However, unless you go full Ironjawz, or the model receives a big drop in points cost. I cannot see him being viable in a mixed destruction army. :( 

Archived