Mannfred or Neferata as a Commander?

Bademeister

Hey Guys,

yesterday i just theorycrafted a little bit and i am not sure in which situation it would be better to pick Mannfrad or Neferate (new Warscrolls from Death Allegiance Book).

I played Mannfred once and was very impressed by his Command Ability. Reroll 1's on to Hit and to Wound is great and very agressiv. He can cast two spells. So in most cases you will cast Mystic Shiled on him self thus he became save 3+. Wind of Death caused 7-9 Mortal Wounds, when i casted it. 

He hits hard and i quiet resistent due his Armour of Templehof which ignores every first (Mortal) Wound in every turn.

On the other Hand Neferate seems very good as well. Her Command Ability Twilight’s Allure got a huge Range (up to 15") and causes -1 to Hit to all opponent units. Paired with a Mourngul would be crazy. Her Ability to kill a model in the end of the combat phase looks quiet good against some fatties. In matched Play Mortarch of Blood isn't that good. You have to save some Points for that Vamipre Lord and it is not sure, that you can summon it. Maybe 140 wasted.

Her Spell, Dark Mist, looks like a better form of Mystic Shild to me. Ignore Rend like a Mounrgul? Sure, Thank you!

So here comes my question. In which sutiuation, or which Death list you either qould use Mannfred or Neferate?

I think i gonna use Neferata if i need some more Defensive Parts in my List, because of her Command Ability and her Spell.

If i need some aggressiv buffs i would pick Mannfred.

Neferata with mourngul is not crazy.. it is devastate. No more abilites with 5+ and 6+ trigger on hit. No more shooting in range 15". Fill it with 2 unit of arhai, coven and vlozd and see yours opponents rocket jump to the Jupiter... But if your meta is not nurgle rotbringers or many shooting you should try a Mannfred.

Отправлено с моего ONEPLUS A3003 через Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Bademeister said:

So here comes my question. In which sutiuation, or which Death list you either qould use Mannfred or Neferate?

Graham I have been playing a fun bravery strike list in a fun campaign and just put neferata in, the list is

Neferata -general

Necrotech -summoning sword

3 x 10 zombies

2 x screaming skull catapults

2 x terrorghiests

1 x Mourngul

2000 points on the nose, the list works in two ways, death suffer with next to no shooting but all the crazy meta shooting has really poor bravery ( skyfires, overlords, skyre) been shooting at multiple targets with the catapults they don't do loads of damage but can get four units at minus 2 bravery, run the ghiests as a pack an pick on the big shooting threat with screams, the three units above are now bravery four so can do some real damage here. Use the sword to summon the mourngul and just need to be clever with positioning but most things will be at least minus two to hit and at times minus three if in the Neferata bubble.

what do you think?

7 hours ago, WillofNagash said:

How are you getting this? i get like 3-5 wounds max.

It was against a Stormcast List. He got 2 Units of Judicators, 3 diffrent Heroes, one Unit Prosecuters and some Paladins. They cuddled because of bubbles and buffs.

9 hours ago, L.Bromley said:

Yeah it's turn one, mystic shield, fingers crossed!!

In turn 1 you got the -1 to Hit Bubble, you can cast two spells. 1. Mystic Shield and 2. Dark Mist.

Then you got 11 Wounds, Save on 3+, immun to Rend and -1 to Hit. You don't need to cross your fingers

I find that I can't fit the mortarchs in my lists. Losing the faction ability that grants the 5+ ward save is too much to give up and you have to be very careful with them as they are so squishy. Both characters are amazing on the offence but in my experience Neferata is the superior choice.

Having said that they compete with the zdragon who is so tanky he is hard to use poorly. I find that you can't include both the zdragon and a Mortarch in the same 2000 list as you can no longer contest objectives 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a FEC player, but if I had to make a choice I'd chose manfred. Not as general though. Outside of FEC id always use VLoZD as general and have manfred as another hammer to support foot sloggers. 

Nef and Mann are solid choices though, but losing the allegiance abilities to fit them in as a general......is it worth it?

Archived