Rules on base sizes and shape..

silverfoxdmt73

Question

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I've just joined and done a quick search of topics and can't find the question.

I was wondering if there is an official ruling on what shape and size a model's base has to be? I have a fair number of old models I used for WFB and also Dungeon Saga which have either 20mm or 25mm square bases and I am curious to know if I can use these in 'official' games, or will I need to re-base them on the new (and bigger) round bases that the AoS miniatures come packaged with these days?

Cheers,

2 answers to this question

There is a wonderful doc posted on all base sizes! 

Just an fyi there are two links with slightly different base sizes. Just wanted you to be aware, as there are minor differences. I use the first (top) link and not the "assumed" base sizes. In fact I hadn't even noticed the assumed link on bottom and bought 50 mm rounds for my stormfiends which is listed on the first link. Apparently many people put their stormfiends on 60 mm rounds. Although, I do think 50 mm are the correct size as they most closely match the original squares, the 60 mm rounds just look a little better. I didn't want to rebuy bases, so i just went with the 50s. 

On the other hand, the first link says to put many of my hero's on 25mm rounds (e.g. sayl the faithless, arch warlock), whereas the assumed puts hero's on 30mm rounds. I opted to put my hero's on 30 mm as it sets them apart from normal infantry (clanrats etc) and just looks better.

Hope this is helpful!

Archived