Is there a 40K version of this Forum?

I love this forum and I love AoS. 
I never dabbled in 40k at all other than reading the Eisenhorn novels, but is there a forum/community like TGA but for 40k out there?

While there are a few other forums out there... there's currently nothing like TGA. Its all the hobby, gaming, events, building-up of people and community driven fandoms without all the drama and negativity.

- Cedric

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Yep.  One look at DakkaDakka made me realize how fortunate we are.

If nothing else, the sheer amount of pseudo-l33tspeak over there (way too cool abbreviations and the like) is maddening. You need to have a special lexicon just to understand half the posts.

Bolter and Chainsword still is a semi relaxed place, though the forums of 40K are also much older and older communities usually get some sort of elitism vibe aswell...

I just blew off dust from my old account on B&C also. It's a more relaxed forum in my opinion. Just keep in mind that because of the depth, customisation and general history of 40K the typical intend is just so slightly more competitive.

Back in the day the forum name was quite faction driven but that has all come to past. As in DakkaDakka started out as a Ork related forum, Warseer for Eldra and B&C for Marines. If you want to start out with Imperial Guard however it might well be that they too still have a forum lingering out there with tons of IG discussions.

12 hours ago, Killax said:

Warseer for Eldra

Warseer didn't start out as an Eldar forum. It came out of the collapse of the Portent forums. Warseer replaced Portent which by then was already a huge multi-game forum and arrived as the full suite of sub-forums and various game systems discussion.

13 hours ago, Killax said:

Bolter and Chainsword still is a semi relaxed place, though the forums of 40K are also much older and older communities usually get some sort of elitism vibe aswell...

I just blew off dust from my old account on B&C also. It's a more relaxed forum in my opinion. Just keep in mind that because of the depth, customisation and general history of 40K the typical intend is just so slightly more competitive.

Back in the day the forum name was quite faction driven but that has all come to past. As in DakkaDakka started out as a Ork related forum, Warseer for Eldra and B&C for Marines. If you want to start out with Imperial Guard however it might well be that they too still have a forum lingering out there with tons of IG discussions.

I feel its because of Age of Sigmar's openness and casual style that this site has become what it is, and why it's so successful.

2 hours ago, Mars_Ranger said:

I feel its because of Age of Sigmar's openness and casual style that this site has become what it is, and why it's so successful.

Absolutely. Though openess usually goes with age of the community. Its kind of sad but a bit of a logical thing too. You get community influences and some voices are clearer as others.

Though for starters I would love a 40K/alternate games subforum on TGA.

3 hours ago, TheAntsAreBack said:

Warseer didn't start out as an Eldar forum. It came out of the collapse of the Portent forums. Warseer replaced Portent which by then was already a huge multi-game forum and arrived as the full suite of sub-forums and various game systems discussion.

Okay (Y)

9 hours ago, Killax said:

Though for starters I would love a 40K/alternate games subforum on TGA.

I agree, I really like this forum, it's friendly, generally positive, interesting, very knowledgeable and has a lot of homebrew projects on it. I don't exclusively play AOS and it would be nice to discuss/read/share other games with this community. I have't played 40k in a while and since the release of 8th edition I have started reading 40k forums again, I can say I have not missed them one bit. 

6 minutes ago, Rodiger said:

I agree, I really like this forum, it's friendly, generally positive, interesting, very knowledgeable and has a lot of homebrew projects on it. I don't exclusively play AOS and it would be nice to discuss/read/share other games with this community. I have't played 40k in a while and since the release of 8th edition I have started reading 40k forums again, I can say I have not missed them one bit. 

Id even settle for a allround 'other games'. Because I completely agree with you. The best thing of AoS is that it has created a reset for the community. Not so much to flush out all the competitive players or something but because I feel that we as a community are aware of what can change and do not really oppose to any changes or suggestions.

One of the WFB/40K issues I had is that general discussions about the game are left aside as there is a large part of the community that either does not care or think it's "perfect" because it excists for 20+ years. To me the creative process AoS players go through is MUCH MORE healty for the game. With this I mean that things like the AoS Warscroll builder, AoS Skirmish and AoS Shadespire by 40K comparison arn't seen as "side games" but very much also a cool part of this hobby. 

Being new isn't so bad at all because it means the creative process is very much unrestricted and not blindsided by what people expect. I really hope to see AoS' community explore all different manners of play. While our forums sometimes even speak about the coolness of a possible AoS and 40K blend I'm quite certain that the 40K communities would respond very differently to that...

In any case, go forth TGA community! :) Spread the creativity and cool discussions.

On 6/23/2017 at 5:22 PM, Chillpill said:

I love this forum and I love AoS. 

I never dabbled in 40k at all other than reading the Eisenhorn novels, but is there a forum/community like TGA but for 40k out there?

Someone should make one though. Would love it. Dropped forums except for the Black Library section of Bolter & Chainsword, and even took a minor break from this forum for a bit. TGA is still hands down the best forum on all fronts I've ever been on. :x

Archived