Skaven Rat Tank Sighted

Renfield286

Rules here: Rat Tank Warscroll

Mostly starting this thread to see if there is any interest in one of the old 5th or 6th ed conversions that was featured in white dwarf magazine as part of their clan Skryre army list. 

Anyone willing to try out the rules? 
has anyone got one kicking around from back in the day? 

Constructive feedback welcome :)

With just a quick look, I like the look of it! Certainly took me back to the 'original' rat tank!

C&C time - I think the movement rule is a little convoluted but I can definitely see where you're going with it!

Its the get within three, but can't be within three bit that's a little confusing.

I wonder if something like a 'grind' attack would reflect what you're trying to achieve?

If in combat with the tank for more than one turn, auto inflict the D3 wounds to represent tank moving around and running folks over as they try and attack it.

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Dead_Ghost said:

With just a quick look, I like the look of it! Certainly took me back to the 'original' rat tank!

C&C time - I think the movement rule is a little Convoluted but I can definitely see where you're going with it!

Its the get within three, but can't be within three bit that's a little confusing.

I wonder if something like a 'grind' attack would reflect what you're trying to achieve?

If in combat with the tank for more than one turn, auto inflict the D3 wounds to represent tank moving around and running folks over as they try and attack it.

That part was pretty much lifted from the doomwheel rules. 

11 hours ago, Dead_Ghost said:

Did you ever build one yourself?

No, unfortunately, I couldn't afford the two metal kits required. given I was playing on pocket money at the time, the only way I could ever afford the kits would have been to have a birthday and christmas purchase. but I aways wanted to, and when the plastic kits came out, I was on a break from the game.
I'm currently looking at making one though, as I now have the "new" plastic kits. 

• 1 year later...
On 6/23/2017 at 8:09 AM, Renfield286 said:

That part was pretty much lifted from the doomwheel rules. 

No, unfortunately, I couldn't afford the two metal kits required. given I was playing on pocket money at the time, the only way I could ever afford the kits would have been to have a birthday and christmas purchase. but I aways wanted to, and when the plastic kits came out, I was on a break from the game.
I'm currently looking at making one though, as I now have the "new" plastic kits. 

Could any of you tell me what parts you need for the conversion? I can't find any sort of guide for it online.

Archived