problem mounting dryads for airbrushing

Having successfully learned at least a few airbrushing skills on my friend's Cthulhu Wars set, I've moved on to finally painting my own models again! I'm starting my first 10 dryads and am planning on a "zenithal+" starting point. I'm doing a redwood colorscheme, so I decided against priming in greyscale. I've got my paints picked out, and I've gotten the brown prime and redbrown undertone done. Now the problem: I need to start shooting at 45 and 90 degree angles, and I have no idea how to mount these guys to do that. 

The models are assembled but they aren't on bases. The bases are prepped, but I've got a lot of stuff on them along with some dynamic conversions that will make them quite a bit harder to paint once they are attached to the bases. 

I have a variety of small things like old prescription bottles, pieces of wood etc that I tried to blu-tac them to, but the surface area of the bottom of their feet is way too small for that to hold. The shape of the feet also means there is no flat surface large enough to stick a pin.

Anyone have any bright ideas of how I could mount these things for spraying? I guess worst case scenario I can wear gloves and hold the feet and then paint those parts by hand, but I'd rather avoid that if I can. 

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest a single dot of thin superglue on each foot (you could try it with just one foot). With the small foot area you should be able to (carefully) snap them off or cut them off of your bottle or wood with an exacto knife and then do a scrape to clean off the super glue. If you're doing dynamic conversion bases ... you might be using superglue anyway...

There's a few different ways.  The easiest would be to lay them flat and do one side at a time.

If you want them mounted, you could add a small pin (staple, thin wire etc) and plug them into a cork, or as Josh suggests a thin superglue would hold them.

Archived