Manchester/NW AoS Gaming?

Aggesut

Moved from Denmark a few years ago, and have sort of lost the opportunity to play with my friends, so, I've been scooting around the 'Gaming Clubs' forum a little bit to find some AoS gaming clubs, but I still find it quite hard to find anything concrete in/around Manchester -

I've been in the local a few times, and NWGC/Element is about 15 minutes away, however, does anyone know of concrete Clubs where people actually play games on a weekly/sporadic basis; also if anyone actually frequents NWGC to play AoS, let me know as I didn't know that was a thing!

I'm nowhere near new (played both 7th and 8th), but I haven't been playing much AoS, so I'm far from pro/competition ready, so just looking for somewhere to have a few casual and sporadic games once in a while.

Thanks!

Hello there.

There are some Manchester based players on here and I am sure will drop into this thread. It suggests there is potential to form the nucleus of a club from members here 

I know element games is quite a hub (although not been myself), Manchester Arndale is always busy and some of the other local GW have AoS communities. 

I tend to play at GW Bury (north Manchester) but it is small so games are often prebooked making pick ups difficult there. But the Buty community is welcoming and strong with regular 40k and AoS players.

Sounds good all around - Thanks for your input guys!

I live in south but work in Bury, and it's not too bad going back and forth, so might give that a go at some point. For now I think I'll go visit the store in Stockport once in a while although their small tables seems to mostly be for show&tell, but of course there's the possibility for Skirmish now as well, which could be interesting!

1 hour ago, Praecautus said:

It seems like there is a number of us in and around Manchester, perhaps we should start a Manchester gamers FB page? Could be used to arrange games etc

Ia not volunteering, I am not tech savvy like you young uns 

Speaking of, I found this page https://www.facebook.com/groups/275524785893583/ - I don't know if it caters much to AoS, but it's a step forward

It could be a possibility to get a group set up in Gaming Clubs and talk about stuff going on in the Manchester area, but that would be one for the admins if that qualifies as a 'Gaming Club'!

Does not hurt to ask

in addition there is a bury gamers and hobbyists FB page,  obviously a north Manchester focus but you guys are welcome to ask to join. It is loosely affiliated with the Bury store so you may need to get your face known there

• 1 month later...

Archived