Fungrim's Fun Emporium

Fungrim

1 hour ago, Chris Tomlin said:

@Fungrim - Looks cool mate. I like the mix of followers from the different Gods. Will you tie them together with the paint scheme, or just leave basing to unify them?

Was hoping to get some Slaanesh in there in the form of Daemonettes or something, but they're kinda difficult to get hold of (at least, without buying a box brand new)

I'm going to paint them in their standard unit colours, unify them with basing (not sure what yet, some scenic temple basing perhaps?), and if I can manage it well enough, possibly give them all some sort of Tzeentchy aura on their weapons/eyes (as if hexed by the Gaunt)

For those interested! Finally got round to building these yesterday.

Really nice resin to deal with. Gave them a bath and scrub as standard before putting it together. Pinned and super glued all the panels/bits to make sure everything is nice and sturdy. Didn't have to clean anything to be honest - very nicely cast.

Looking forward to getting some paint on them now! And possibly buying some more in the near future...

IMAG0359.jpg

So I'm a big fan of Attack on Titan. And I also like GW giants.

I've convinced myself that this list will be awesome, especially with an AoT theme of giants of various sizes marauding across the board....

Have I lost the plot? Yes. Is that ok? Possibly.

giant list.PNG

Disclaimer: I only actually own 1 model out of this entire list... could pose a problem.

@Fungrim - Cool idea. There was someone who did an AoT themed Gargant army a while back. Looked pretty cool but they were all stock models I believe which took a little something away from the theme. If you could take it one step further and do Gargants of differing size etc that would be great.

Quick google yields this...

hqdefault.jpg

8 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

@Fungrim - Cool idea. There was someone who did an AoT themed Gargant army a while back. Looked pretty cool but they were all stock models I believe which took a little something away from the theme. If you could take it one step further and do Gargants of differing size etc that would be great.

Quick google yields this...

hqdefault.jpg

Took me a short bit to find it, but here is the painting video for that design.

https://youtu.be/X9du3Mkw46Y

On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 8:39 PM, Fungrim said:

Random destruction musings: would a Magmadroth (minus the dwarf, and with some wings) make for a decent/viable Magma Dragon alternative?

IMO it's perhaps a little small, the FW Magma Dragon is a bit of a beast. That said, it would look great though. Love the model. What base size would you put it on?

As a side note, I got a package from Mini Monsters on Saturday. They sent me the Orc Watchtower, Skull Grotto and Orc Palisades. Very very impressed. I've given all the resin a wash (in the bath ofc!) and will get them stuck together and sprayed this week. They've given me some 20% voucher codes as well, so I'll do a giveaway on them (If you plan to order more, you can have one @Fungrim). Thanks again for the recommendation.

22 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

IMO it's perhaps a little small, the FW Magma Dragon is a bit of a beast. That said, it would look great though. Love the model. What base size would you put it on?

As a side note, I got a package from Mini Monsters on Saturday. They sent me the Orc Watchtower, Skull Grotto and Orc Palisades. Very very impressed. I've given all the resin a wash (in the bath ofc!) and will get them stuck together and sprayed this week. They've given me some 20% voucher codes as well, so I'll do a giveaway on them (If you plan to order more, you can have one @Fungrim). Thanks again for the recommendation.

No idea to be honest dude, just conjecture at the moment! Really want to pick up one of those SC Fyreslayer boxes, partly out of enthusiasm for the value, but also because I'd like the Vulkites. As much as I love the Magamadroth model I don't really have room for it in my Mixed Dwarf list so wondered if I could make use out of it for my Destruction (I'll probably stick to pure Ironjawz competitively, but might start building up a bigger collection as I've caught the greenskin bug). 

Good shout on him being a bit small though, I've only seen both (Magmadroth and Magma Dragon) in the scaley flesh once a piece, so didn't think about the size comparison. 

Aw that''s really good of you mate cheers, I've been eyeing up some of the bigger townhouses as well as the Palisades for some interesting Ironjawz basing! Good to hear you've been bathing them correctly, hopefully everything is intact, yourself and the resin.... Will keep an eye out for updates on your blog thread - looking forward to seeing your Krossbow Brutes in a watchtower!

On 7/7/2017 at 6:16 AM, Fungrim said:

So I'm a big fan of Attack on Titan. And I also like GW giants.

I've convinced myself that this list will be awesome, especially with an AoT theme of giants of various sizes marauding across the board....

Have I lost the plot? Yes. Is that ok? Possibly.

giant list.PNG

Disclaimer: I only actually own 1 model out of this entire list... could pose a problem.

I like the way you think. I'm a big fan of the giants also. I also came up with a quirky list although this one focuses on fielding various kinds of monsters. I'm only missing the Sourbreaths, so this might actually see a table soon. I've split it up into the trolls, the giants, and the snow beasts, it all adds up to 2000 points:

1 Troll Hag

3 Sourbreath Troggoth

3 Rockgut Troggoth

3 Fellwater Troggoth

1 Bonegrinder Giant

2 Ale Guzzler Gargants

1 Icebrow Hunter

3 Icefall Yhetee

• 1 month later...

Been a while since I created this thing... with the advent of GHB2 and a few tourneys around the corner I'm back on the wagon and figure it's time to update!

Behold, the list I'm constructing (posted elsewhere in the forum but repeated here for context!)

Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (460)
Orruk Megaboss (140)
Gitmob Grot Shaman (80)
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140)
20 x Gitmob Grots (100)
20 x Gitmob Grots (100)
Grot Rock Lobber (100)
Ironfist (160)

It's not a massive leap from what I was running before. Basically dropped the Ardboys (I know, I know...) and replaced them with the Grots. I found that I used my Ardboys primarily as objective holders, and that's a pretty expensive, physically limited unit of objective holders. So I'm going to give these 2 units of Grots a whirl, see how it plays out.

Obviously dropped the Weirdnob. Love the model, love his warscroll, and I completely understand why he's 120pts, but it just feels like points wasted for me. He's out; Gitmob Shaman is in.

Finally I've added in a singular bit of artillery in the Rock Lobber. Also got a Spear Chukka floating around, but I've opted for the Lobber not only for the points fit, but also because the flexibility of it's shooting (LOS) and it's ability to deal damage and rend in one swoop. [[[bit of contention here around the keywords on the warscroll, I've contacted GW about it and might post it somewhere on the forum at some point, could be interesting...]]]

No Warchanter could feel odd, I know I'll  most likely miss him, especially with a 10-man unit of Brutes, but we'll see. The Megaboss on foot should buff enough to make up for it, and of course, target priority with Duff Em Up will help too.

Pic to finish: some freshly kit-bashed Scarcrag Snivellers to be my Grots! Figured they could be Moonclan or Gitmob (but as above, I'll be running them as the latter). Think they have a nice Ironjawzy feel to them. Also managed to kit-bash a Grot Shaman on wolf, and a 4-man crew for the Lobber out of the Blood Bowl boxes. More photos in the future.

Holla!

IMAG0682EDIT.jpg

I'm thinking of doing this list myself. 3 monsters plus some bodies...plenty of distraction and should make the opponent have to think about what to pour firepower into

Allegiance: Ironjawz
Leaders
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (460)
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
Behemoths
Aleguzzler Gargant (170)
Aleguzzler Gargant (170)

Total: 2000/2000

54 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

I'm thinking of doing this list myself. 3 monsters plus some bodies...plenty of distraction and should make the opponent have to think about what to pour firepower into

Aleguzzler Gargant (170)
Aleguzzler Gargant (170)

Total: 2000/2000

Constantly debating a Gargant. Got one on my painting table at the moment - if the above list doesn't impress me much in practice games, I'll be highly tempted to drop the Rock Lobber and Shaman and throw a Gargant in - as you say, adds that extra level of threat 

1 minute ago, Fungrim said:

Constantly debating a Gargant. Got one on my painting table at the moment - if the above list doesn't impress me much in practice games, I'll be highly tempted to drop the Rock Lobber and Shaman and throw a Gargant in - as you say, adds that extra level of threat 

Yeah you probably should. I don't like how the Rock Lobber looks on paper. One attack with 3 dmg...is that worth 100pts? And it will probably get blasted away by Raptors or Skyfires or whatever

8 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Yeah you probably should. I don't like how the Rock Lobber looks on paper. One attack with 3 dmg...is that worth 100pts? And it will probably get blasted away by Raptors or Skyfires or whatever

At full health I think it's well worth it, decent little bit of sniping that can sit behind scenery and reach most things on the board. The amount of times playing Ironjawz and just pinging a few wounds off a hero or full-strength infantry unit would have swung the game.... that's what I'm hoping even a single Rock Lobber will bring to the list. 

That said, undoubtedly, a battery of Rock Lobbers or Spear Chukkas would be substantially more effective, but I'd rather take bodies at the moment, so only space for one

Archived