Spell idea - transformation

So I was just thinking a transformation spell would be an interesting mechanic. Primarily I was thinking about using it in a narrative campaign, but it got me thinking it would potentially add a lot to competitive play too:

Transformation: casting value 9

Pick a model within 15", you may add or remove a keyword from that model. This effect lasts until your next hero phase.

So what can you do with this? Quite a lot actually, you could add keywords to certain model to allow them to take advantage of buffs, or remove them from enemy models. You can give models keywords such as wizard to let them cast spells, or add or remove hero or behemoth keywords to impact scoring, or allow your lord of change to summon a balewind vortex.

Before I add it to my custom scenario, I wanted to know what combinations people can think of, so that I can work on getting the range and casting value right. 

I really like this idea. Casting value seems a bit high though tbh. Maybe just 6 or 7 would be fine. 

I think it could be used to make more interesting army combinations viable for sure  

Also adding wizard keyword would not allow them to cast or unbind as that comes from the actual ability on the warscroll not the keywords. 

This is exactly the sort of unique and interesting mechanic that magic *should* be all about, the kind that would really give its own role in the game alongside shooting and melee. Would love to see more spells like this, preferably available to more than one caster (Grand Alliance level spell lists, perhaps?)... it's a very cool idea. 

Of course, there are probably some broken combos that could come of this too, so some sensible limits might be necessary - but this is too good an idea not to be implemented somehow!

Thanks, I will keep working on it. One of the reasons I have put quite a high casting value on it is that I am sure there are some truly devastating combos out there for it, and I wanted to try and shake them out of the woodwork before just offering it to players as a 6+ cast.

I will keep working on the idea. If others like it, perhaps we can put together some kind of community supplement that has alternative spells in it. As long as the spells are reasonably casted you could create a supplement that allows you to switch an existing spell for one from the spell book, without affecting the power levels too much.

Archived