Alternate Color Bloodletters

mrstimpson38

So I had an idea for white Bloodletters that would allow visible patches of Blood for the Blood God, but I'm not sure I'm happy with the mix. And the application was quick and dirty, so that's not that great either.

I wanted to post this though to see everyone's thoughts on the subject of alternate colored Bloodletters, your thoughts on my pale version with blood patches, and thoughts on other ideas for alternate colors. So any input is very welcome.ac041fab6d6d16aa92dded38e00cc9db.jpg690fc3b3c535f7e72ef04b7e0209a29f.jpg

Wow! Very cool! I personally really dont like all the red of Khorne (and the fact almost everyone uses it). This is excellent, i really like the 'sickly' color and the blood. Awesome job! 

Maybe consider applying extra blood at his feet / legs? So the blood gets thicker the lower you get?

currently i only have bloodbound army, but my colors are a very dark grey , gold and dark purple. So i'll be using those when i am going for the bloodletters. :)

Thanks for all the input guys. The mix in the picture is based black, two layers of Pallid Witch Flesh, a layer of Rakarth Flesh on the bone parts, then a layer of Saraphim Sepia.

I agree that the later of Rakarth Flesh isn't quite enough to put some differentiation between the various sections.

My main inspiration behind the pallet are the chest bursters and newborn alien from the Alien franchise. They have that bloody fleshy look I'm trying to hit. The bursters are pretty monotone, but the newborn does have a good bit of color here and there. Maybe I should look into some Marauder/Reaver skin tutorials. I believe they're pretty close to what I'm looking for.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. I'm trying some new stuff with each Letter, so that one I'll try next.

This attempt was based black, three layers of Pallid Witch Flesh, detail in Rakarth Flesh and Gorthor Brown, then wash is Reikland Fleshed. After, detail with BftBG.

I'm much happier with the gradients achieved with the extra layer of brown, and the switch from Sepia to Fleshshade. I also like the additional use of BftBG. But, I feel like there's still something missing, so I'm going to continue to experiment with other mixtures.

Also, that's my weapon mix. I'm going to add more detail into the blades, but that conveys the basic pallet.9b6f4df837e3ec3f4866147d6ef6be34.jpg98cd6aa39e5512039527fbf2a0cb845c.jpg3defce8b8350f7971fd73e1c5e58ce9b.jpg

Cool bro i literally didnt want to add any of these to my army because i didnt like the look of them but this is a cool colour scheme idea. Even if you are not totally happy with them (even though they look bad ass) you have inspired others to get some :D

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thank you for the kind words, guys. It's an honor to inspire anyone.

I think I'm going to do roughly the same mix with the next model, but I'm going to use some dry brushing or layering after the wash to pick out a few areas and see if it works. Then I'll do a few more, move onto some Bloodcrushers/Chaos Warhounds, then... a Bloodthirster.

13 hours ago, mrstimpson38 said:

This attempt was based black, three layers of Pallid Witch Flesh, detail in Rakarth Flesh and Gorthor Brown, then wash is Reikland Fleshed. After, detail with BftBG.

They're looking good!  But why are you base coating them black?  That seems like just making yourself work extra hard just to get up to a flesh tone.

Thanks, bud. Mainly because I've only ever used the same black primer for just about everything. I'm so used to how it interacts with my typical color choices I use, but this project is outside my wheelhouse (Khorne red Ork and Marine armour, and green skin), so maybe this would be a good time to broaden my horizons.

Here is my colorscheme and I'm quite pleased with it. I'm all for alternative schemes for Khorne and especially Bloodletters! Your scheme looks terrifying in a good way, it could look really nice on a Bloodthirster as well if you do the armour in some contrasting colours. 25c43eeec088eb99e52fe8540e81f2f0.jpg

Skickat från min SM-J510FN via Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Archived