Mr. White

Skirmish - Let's see your tables

24 posts in this topic

(I'm not sure if this post should go here, in the Shadespire forum, or in the Narrative forum.)

I'm assembling materials to make Skirmish runs into Shadespire....how does the rotting metropolis look on your table?

Let's see some pics!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've decided that my skirmish games are set somewhere else entirely, the abandoned city of Minnowbrooke somewhere in the realm of beasts. Nobody knows quite why it was abandoned, or why, if you press your ears against the walls and listen carefully, the buildings seem to be making sounds quite like a gurgling stomach.

20170610_113915.jpg

27 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^Fantastic. Way to make your available terrain work for you.

What size is that? 3x3?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is that the citadel mighty fortress?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the table that gets most Skirmish action at my place.

IMG_1106.JPG

IMG_1107.JPG

9 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-6-10 at 11:02 PM, chord said:

is that the citadel mighty fortress?

Yes! Got it used a few months ago for $100

 

On 2017-6-10 at 10:18 PM, Mr. White said:

^Fantastic. Way to make your available terrain work for you.

What size is that? 3x3?

4x4! Its a gamemat brand mat, i use it for everything, thinking of getting a cobblestone one too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice,  I wish every day that they will re-print the mighty fortress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well... im looking at GMing a dungeon crawl using skirmish system and some Warhammer Quest with some of my Dwarven Forge Master Maze sets. Looking forward to it!

 

- Cedric

 

3ad20cba593baf7be26846351d83c717.jpge8b392c148cd3dcac0047dacf5dbf278.jpg679adaf3a5b085defa8c360b8cccea20.jpg6d5c9d7541ebe24d3e278a5cc7459fa6.jpg1eaadaefd50ab0121ff611be8546920c.jpgd5731cf8a63ae27eb0272935f81f7aae.jpgf73d13e6daf29dc869b59bacbd0104e1.jpg81b41baf36fde59f4288a3f31cd2a67b.jpg

 

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

 

 

 

 

11 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That looks great! When I get home in a week or so, I'll share a few pictures of my setup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Mighty Fortress table,with Lake Town houses. Not really for skirmish but a chance to show off another Fortress :D

IMG_0772.JPG

IMG_0776.JPG

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, discoking said:

My Mighty Fortress table,with Lake Town houses. Not really for skirmish but a chance to show off another Fortress :D

 

 

Super Jealous of the fortress

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have enough scenery now for two locations in the Harrowmark (my own setting for our games set in Shyish) but only one 4x4 matt.

Wortbad (a haunted village with a "Sylvania" feel; lots of graveyards and old-school buildings)

20161013_124608_zpsykhropls.jpg.8f582d3cebfe5bbc4d1b43239ed15e4f.jpg

20160804_213934_zpswb1ejwe5.jpg.94abb969a2836a9eb29d6ec0602f3493.jpg

Blackrocks (an overgrown ruined city, deep in a malignant forest)

20170521_141102_zpsitprxgj5.jpg.9d90da503bdeb9f9eb4e92d699470f63.jpg

20170607_133658_zpsxn9mvo9e.jpg.933f1d5607ef6fd084002b443f5db8c7.jpg

20170609_223309_zpssglszpvn.jpg.291253d8b1cdaae47343f8fb61b7a6a3.jpg

7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have more building to do (some Mini Monsters scenery in the way, the other set of Mauseleum buildings and fences) and ALOT of painting!

Anyone have suggestions on making bases to match the game mat?

IMG_9231.JPG

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

These all look great and I dig how y'all are setting your games of Skirmish in your own settings.  Makes me feel lame for uaing Shadespire...feel like I need to come up with something else... ;)

I've got my mat in, now we need to source some buildings and scenery.

Keep the photos coming!

Edited by Mr. White
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've set mine in Shadespire! Going for a small village/graveyard setting. My house army will be dwarves painted as ghosts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr. White said:

These all look great and I dig how y'all are setting your games of Skirmish in your own settings.  Makes me feel lame for uaing Shadespire...feel like I need to come up with something else... ;)

I've got my mat in, now we need to source some buildings and scenery.

Keep the photos coming!

Not lame at all! Reading more about shadespire has absolutely made me want to theme a table around it! Planning on getting a new mat for it.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jz9eVyn.jpg

There's enough of a weird fiction vibe coming from some AoS stuff that I decided 40k and AoS would get the same terrain.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nin Win said:

Jz9eVyn.jpg

There's enough of a weird fiction vibe coming from some AoS stuff that I decided 40k and AoS would get the same terrain.

That's what I'm pretty much trying to do with my terrain. I'm not putting down wrecked tanks or anything, but making some terrain that can fit both. Mostly Chaos-desecrated ruins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those are some awesome looking tables! That battlemat looks familiar. I might have to set my fortress, too. In the meantime, I finally got a chance to set up some terrain on a new battle mat.

Village_zpsaiwstrf6.jpg

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2017 at 9:31 PM, mDaro said:

I've set mine in Shadespire! Going for a small village/graveyard setting. My house army will be dwarves painted as ghosts. 

Cool idea!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2017 at 10:58 AM, WarbossKurgan said:

I have enough scenery now for two locations in the Harrowmark (my own setting for our games set in Shyish) but only one 4x4 matt.

Wortbad (a haunted village with a "Sylvania" feel; lots of graveyards and old-school buildings)

20161013_124608_zpsykhropls.jpg.8f582d3cebfe5bbc4d1b43239ed15e4f.jpg

20160804_213934_zpswb1ejwe5.jpg.94abb969a2836a9eb29d6ec0602f3493.jpg

Blackrocks (an overgrown ruined city, deep in a malignant forest)

Wow! That all looks fantastic. Great job on the basing! It really brings it all together.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now