Unofficial Beastmen Battletome

Bueno

Hi All,

as my first full army Beastmen will always be a main focus for me and the army i always go back to, though i have just finished my Bloodbound army and have been playing with that. As part of my bloodbound project I made my own battletome to accompany it (my theme was far from the normal Khorne scheme). That got my thinking how much I would like a Beastmen battletome, so I pulled my finger out and made one! and i thought i'd share it for any other Beastmen players that would like a shiny book to accompany their hordes.

This isn't a rewrite, as in i have not changed or added to the existing warscrolls at all (although i have included some of the warscrolls i often use in my Beastmen force i.e. Monsters of Chaos). The fluff is my own, adapted from some I had written years ago and some adapted from old GW stuff (i'll admit that its a bit rushed in places).

The art is not my own, rather I have used various pieces from old GW Beastmen publications and the Cover art and concept art for inidivudal units are from TOTAL WAR: Warhammer.

Anyway, i hope this is of some use to people. Below is a link to the PDF and photo version on dropbox and attached are some sample pictures. With my Wolves of Ghur (Blades of Khorne) battletome i used Photobox to have it printed in hard back and the same can be done with these pics.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f5cn2871gl3nk1q/AAD-yLvNcJKgrYxSbrICRL9Ea?dl=0

page01.jpg.4db27473a8ff122c44731e2d166fc4c2.jpgpage03.jpg.e12a159851483d64022ae9bd8760cae6.jpg

fluff.jpg.88eef8a560b6f429a417d8d4802da8f4.jpgfluff2.jpg.fd6a5f4b8341bda4c9269389b04e93d8.jpg593a9fdb0ef44_BLandGBS.jpg.adfed40e901982daa0a360747434af80.jpg593a9fc4042e9_bestigorchariot.jpg.bfe7a9b9f94b917656a763234a30d871.jpgCONCEPT.jpg.c61064d02d871ca52712824ea60a4322.jpgpics2.jpg.32edf342b40b1e47273b9257728ab77b.jpg

page58.jpg

8 minutes ago, Auticus said:

Very nice work.  What software did you use for the layout?

thanks, i used a program called GIMP, which is essentially a free (slightly less user friendly) version of photoshop.

I then saved as jpeg and uploaded to mircrosoft publisher to create the PDF version.

6 minutes ago, Bueno said:

thanks, i used a program called GIMP, which is essentially a free (slightly less user friendly) version of photoshop.

I then saved as jpeg and uploaded to mircrosoft publisher to create the PDF version.

GIMP!! That program is all kinds of impossible to use! Well played for doing battle tome on it, It looks great

12 minutes ago, HobbyHammer said:

GIMP!! That program is all kinds of impossible to use! Well played for doing battle tome on it, It looks great

haha yeah it wasn't easy, but its what my work uses and i couldn't convince them to spring for photoshop on my laptop. What's the world coming to when its easier to download a program called "gimp" at work than Photoshop!

seriously though if you have photoshop, def use that instead.

26 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Absolutely amazing! I love stuff like this. Great work @Bueno.

Would be awesome to see your Beastmen on the table again as well.

Funnily enough I was just saying after last nights game I might have to get them back on the table soon

18 minutes ago, Auticus said:

Yep I use Gimp too.  And photoshop.

The Publisher bit was what I was after :) 

To be honsest publisher is a lot easier than GIMP/photoshop for the text as well as using it to format the book/PDF

Can a Mod add an additional "<3 Like this" to the original post so we can throw more likes at it than normally possible? :P

Also thanks for posting this to the Herdstone.  There are people returning there from years back as a starting point back into the hobby and it is good to have resources available throughout.

1 minute ago, Popisdead said:

Can a Mod add an additional "<3 Like this" to the original post so we can throw more likes at it than normally possible? :P

Also thanks for posting this to the Herdstone.  There are people returning there from years back as a starting point back into the hobby and it is good to have resources available throughout.

Herdstone was my go to place in 8th. Spent way to many hours on it. 

May have to revisit now

It's quiet but after the GHB came out there were about 2-3 guys (I think they came here after a while) who put some valuable stuff up there and it helped me get back into my Beastmen knowing how to start out and such.  Plus Decker, who runs it, is a great all-round guy.

2 hours ago, Popisdead said:

No worries, the Herdstone was my forum of choice back in the days of 8th, would be good to get a community going there again

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2017 at 10:18 AM, Bueno said:

My printed version arrived today, definitely gonna get my beasts out for a game next week now!

IMG_9615.JPG.bc1f24789560f745b175a11997b8aa96.JPG

What site did you get this printed from?  It looks really nice, and I've made some campaign books I'd like to get printed in a similar fashion.

6 hours ago, Nacnudllah said:

What site did you get this printed from?  It looks really nice, and I've made some campaign books I'd like to get printed in a similar fashion.

i used photobox, though i think most of the "photo print" websites have a photobook creator you can use.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Did GW release all of the Brayherds abilities, traits, artefacts and points on the community articles? I'd love to update this with all the new stuff, but not sure how that would effect copyright etc with the rules being published in the GHB which people have to buy?

1 hour ago, Bueno said:

Hi All,

Did GW release all of the Brayherds abilities, traits, artefacts and points on the community articles? I'd love to update this with all the new stuff, but not sure how that would effect copyright etc with the rules being published in the GHB which people have to buy?

I don't think so.  It's a tricky spot to be in. 

• 5 months later...

Archived