With the events calendar filling up so quickly I wanted to pencil in my second two day event for later in the year; the return of BLACKOUT (I figured I probably should build a bit of brand as opposed to confusing people by renaming my events each time!).
Here is a list of relevant information from throughout this thread. This will be collated into a proper "pack" by the end of the week. Apologies for the delay;
We will be 5 games of straight up Matched Play Warhammer, using 5 of the new Matched Play battleplans from the General's Handbook 2017. I will announce each battleplan before the start of the round. Please try to familiarise yourself with these beforehand.
Lists will be submitted to myself on the day (paper copy please). Command Traits and Artefacts must be listed and will not change for the duration of the event. I also ask that you have a second copy (paper or digital) that you exchange with your round one opponent. Please take a few moments to check each others lists before the game starts. Any errors spotted during this time can be amended without penalty, new Handbook and all that!
Whilst my preference is usually for soft score heavy events, I have made the decision that this event will be basing purely off gaming because of the new Handbook. I want to keep it as simple and inclusive as possible, with people being able to try out new armies and cool allies etc. I was slightly loathe to remove a cohesive requirement (or at least a bonus for doing so), however this is a one off, once again because of the new Handbook, and I would certainly return to soft scores in the future. Luckily we have Facehammer coming up a few weeks after which scratches that itch this year.
All models with matched play profiles in the General's Handbook 2017 can be used, as can the latest versions of any Forgeworld warscoll as of 26/08/17 (note Rogue Idol change). Also I am informed that updated matched play profiles are to be released for Compendium warscrolls on 26/08/17, so these will also be allowed.
All models must be based on suitable round/oval bases and of course we will be measuring to bases!
No other house rules as such, we will be following the Matched Play guidelines within the General's Handbook 2017 including Rules of One etc.
Terrain is not required.
- All models must be fully painted* and based otherwise they will be removed and you will incur a 10 point penalty. There is no requirement for armies to be cohesive. This is to encourage people to try out the new allies rules! Please note that WYSIWYG is still a thing though!!
- 50 Tournament points available; Major Victory = 10, Minor Victory = 7, Draw = 5, Minor Defeat = 3, Major Defeat = 0
- First tie break is Sports votes (be nice whilst winning!), the second is kill points scored.
- Armies will be displayed on Saturday lunch so that I can shortlist Best Army nominations for a public/judge vote on Sunday. If your army includes reserve points, you can display additional models from your summoning pool, however the overall army you display cannot exceed 2,000 points.
- Each player will vote for Best Sports at the end of the event, in the case of a tie, the highest placed player will win the award (win whilst being nice!).
The Trophies available are;
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place: as above these are scored purely on the 50 gaming TPs available, with sports first tiebreak (kill points 2nd).
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Army: these will be player judged from a nominated shortlist on the Sunday.
- Judges Choice Best Painted Army: this will be my favourite army at the event, entirely possible it will be one of the above 3 though.
- Best Sports: as above this will be based off player sports votes with the highest placed player winning in the event of a tie.
- The Jen Lyons Thrills not Skills Award: this will be awarded to the player who finishes last. Your name will be carried forward to my next event.
- Best In Alliance (Destruction, Chaos, Death & Order): these will be decided purely on Kill Points so can be won by anyone (except maybe @#SteveJames). In the unlikely event of a tie, highest placing will win.
- Also the Friday night Skirmish will have trophies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Best Warband and Best Sports
*I will not use the term "3 colour minimum" as it is open for abuse. If you are unsure whether your models are painted(?!), please get in contact with me.
Saturday 2nd September - BLACKOUT Day One
Firestorm Games Opens: 09:00
Registration & Announcements: 09:00 - 09:30
Game One: 09:30 - 12:15
Lunch: 12:15 - 13:15 – After Game One please display you army so I can select Best Army nominees
Game Two: 13:15 - 16:00
Game Three: 16:15 - 19:00
Firestorm Games Closes: 23:00
Sunday 3rd September - BLACKOUT Day Two
Game Four: 09:30 - 12:15
Lunch: 12:15 - 13:15 – After Game Four the Best Army nominees will display their armies for voting
Game 5: 13:15 - 16:00
Results Presentation: 16:30 - 17:00
This event will be played under The General's Handbook 2017!! Please see last post page 3 for more information. A full pack is to follow next week. There will also be a Skirmish event on the Friday.
Tickets go on sale Saturday 8th April at 8pm GMT - £40 as PayPal (friends and family) to firstname.lastname@example.org (see below for more details)
So I'm pleased to be able to confirm the dates as 2nd & 3rd September 2017 and more exciting, the venue;
Firestorm Games, Cardiff
What's even better is I'll be able to offer a capacity of 100 players!
After the popularity of Tomorrow Burns in Weymouth, I figured it might be time to try my hand at a bigger event in a more easily accessible venue. As a massive fan of Cardiff events myself, this seemed an easy decision, made easier thanks to some conversations with @Mo Ashraf. I was keen to not step on any toes here and FYI I do not consider this a replacement or successor to the phenomenal Clash of Swords events Mo has run over the last few years, it's just me bringing my event to a different location. Who knows what will happen in the future, but for 2017, me bringing a big AoS event to Cardiff in the latter part of the year is just a good fit for everyone.
I've also been in discussion with the Facehammer boys to ensure no clash with their Grand Tournament. There is a lot of talking behind the scenes between TO's to avoid clashes as much as possible to try and make it easier for you guys to attend multiple events. It's a testament to AoS and the strength of our scene that the calendar is being booked up almost right to the end of the year in January!!
So get some dates pencilled in your calendar, start looking at hotels because they do get expensive and/or sell out in Cardiff. I've given as much notice as possible to hopefully make it easy to get yourselves sorted in good time (yeh right!!). I'm unsure when tickets will go on sale at present, so keep an eye on this topic.